Thursday, September 29, 2022

Back up top

Glad I started packing an extra pair of boots. The ones I usually wear have been pretty used and abused so like my jeep I don't trust them. Put my boots on and had no issues walking the road. Within maybe 10ft or so in the water something didn't feel right on my left boot, took a look and the side seem blew out. Glad I brought an extra pair and Glad it happened right away and not miles away from the truck. Swapped out boots and was all good to go (G2G). Took 1 spill aways up when a branch caught my boot while walking in the water. Down on the rocks I went. A few bumps and bruises including on my bad knee which I'm already getting cortisone shots in. Was just happy I didn't break my rod. After a shitty day of fishing and a long ass walk back stumbling and fumbling over river rocks, got back to the truck and started gearing down, my right boots boa wouldn't unlock. The damn boa lace got frayed and wouldn't allow the system to unlock. Oh well had to water them and cut the laces with wire cutters. Get I gotta see what other boots I have serviceable






No comments:

Post a Comment