Thursday, August 6, 2020

Henry's Fork Trailhead

Headed back to the north slope to endure the longest hike i have done to date. got to the trailhead at 0630 and hiking by 0645. for the 1st 5 miles the trail stays in the woods before opening up into the valley. once it opens up it becomes absolutely gorgeous as you become surrounded by mountains. the views just become even more beautiful as you advance up the trail. the hike itself is a relatively easy one with just some minor undulations. i had planned on fishing 2 different lakes but i got so engulfed in the beauty and taking lots of photos doing some fishing in one of the streams that it took me double the time as what i had anticipated, well that and not paying close enough attention to my topo map and over shooting my lake by about a mile and a half. my bad. by the time i got to the 1st lake i wanted to fish (blanchard) i was wore out and my feet were killing me. i fished for about an hour and decided that i would skip the 2nd lake i wanted to fish and get the hell out of there as i was wore the hell out and my body was feeling it. as i was walking out my feet were really starting to hurt (wading boots are not good for long hikes) and with roughly 7 miles to go both my feet had developed sizeable blisters. it became excruciatingly slow after that and i didnt finally make it back to my jeep till about 830 pm. seriously the last few miles an old person with a walker couldve moved faster then i was. i have never had my lower body fail on me like that before. i over did myself but it was still worth it to go. the scenery was amazing and the cutties were small but gorgeous.well it seems that blogger has changed and it posted my photos in reverse order so the last photos are actually the 1st ones.

























No comments:

Post a Comment